Translate

Thursday 30 April 2015

Ooooohhhhh Dinosaurs! (Dinosaur Zoo)

I've been a bit slack and neglected the blog recently as life got a bit away from me and I've been busy, busy, busy! So its time to catch up.

During the February 1/2 term - seems like a lifetime ago right? We were invited by friends to attend the theatre to see Dinosaur Zoo at the West Yorkshire Playhouse in Leeds. This sounded like great fun to entertain the kids and get them out of the house but I did wonder about how my youngest would cope having to sit in a packed theatre without causing havoc for an hour or so.

I wasn't feeling confident after a trip to the cinema the month before turned into a game of musical chairs and constant demand for more snacks, more drink and trips to the toilet. I can only thank my lucky stars that the cinema only had 2 other people in who sat so far away from us that I hope the ants in his pants and constant question asking went unnoticed.

I'm glad I said yes - after arming my pockets with enough sugary treats guaranteed to quieten the loudest of tantrums. The kids (young and old) had a wonderful time. The show was long enough to hold the childrens attention and short enough that they didn't start getting ants in their pants.
Interactive Dinosaur Puppets!
The puppets clearly seemed very realistic to the children - as seen when one was called onto stage and when asked if he'd like to be fed to the dinosaur promptly exploded into tears - I know I'm a bad mum for finding this a teeny bit amusing but no children were actually harmed during the entire show (honest). 

It gave just the right amount of information on the dinosaurs to keep kids interested but not overload them with info and there was enough audience participation to keep us all engaged.

 Best of all we got to meet the dinosaurs at the end. A big thank you to my friend for arranging the visit (you know who you are). 


  I would definitely recommend the show for kids who love dinosaurs and will also no longer be afraid of theatre trips with the boys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment