Translate

Monday 4 May 2015

A New Hobby In The House

So my eldest son turned 8 at the beginning of January and with his birthday being so close to Christmas we (and others) always struggle with what to buy him.

This year we all gave him money but until recently he was unsure what to spend it on.

He had ideas of an iPad, (we didn't give him that much money) yet more skylanders to join the pile gathering dust in the playroom or other related tech items that he could while away the days on sat on his butt being lazy. I will be honest, I didn't want him spending his money on that as I think he already spends enough time on my ipad or some other handheld looking at minecraft videos or pretending to do his maths homework while watching minecraft videos.

So I looked on the internet for something and stumbled across Mountain Boarding. I am not sure what I was thinking, or if I even was, when I called him over to look at this snowboard on wheels and asked him if he wanted to have a go.

I should have thought it out more, this actually looks dangerous, but now on a quest to find something outdoors away from devices I hit up the internet to see if I could find anywhere local that does this. As luck would have it there was a centre about 15 miles away who teach mountain boarding among other things so I booked him in for a lesson and off we went.

Place all to ourselves
Not to miss out youngest tried grass sledging

We saw no other people for the hour we were there and both kids had a fantastic time bombing down the slopes. We did not feel rushed and Jake's instructor Alex was friendly and patient. Now I just need to work on getting the youngest to tow his own sledge back up the hill and I've cracked it.

Next on the agenda, to invest in the board because I think he is hooked!

We paid £11 for the mountain boarding session and this included rental of the board, helmet and pads as well as coaching from the instructor.

You can find out more about Another World Adventure Centre by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment